Here is a compilation of tips, stories and insights about my own TAPIF experience. Enjoy!
Check out my TAPIF Timeline for a complete overview of when I submitted what and to whom!
- So you think you can TAPIF? – Tips for your TAPIF application
- The summer before TAPIF – ideas for making the long summer wait fly by!
- Visa Application
- My suitcase can only weigh how many pounds?! – Packing Tips
- To TAPIF or not to TAPIF – on renewing my contract
- An Announcement – on why I ultimately declined my renewal
- The vicious TAPIF cycle – my second year of assistant-ing
- Every. Vote. Matters. – Voting from abroad
- Life in Limbo – navigating the housing search
- The Great Apartment Hunt – more tips for finding an apartment
- Started at the bottom, now we’re here – climbing my first mountain (kinda)
- The Chicken
- Celebrating Thanksgiving abroad
- Five things to do without travelling
- Is France the most Romantic Country in the World?
- Snowy romps through town
- I ❤ Chambéry
- Riding the bus in Chambéry
- The time I helped my friend get engaged on top of a mountain
- Même pas peur – after the Charlie Hebdo attacks
- J’écoute: songs for remembering
- Thanks/No Thanks – arriving and getting installed in a new country
- Primary Assistant FAQ – an introduction to teaching English in the premier degré, featuring my favorite tips and resources for lesson planning
- Le Stage – Orientation
- Je vous présente – an introduction to my school, duties, and teaching schedule
- Comparative observations on the French school system
- The conundrum of French Laïcité
- Today I Was 9 Minutes Late to Class: on feeling like you’re actually making an impact
- 100th day of school
- Two very different lessons
- Lessons: Flashcard Games to use in the classroom
- Lessons: Art Projects for Primary Students
Because when else in your life will you have 8 weeks of paid vacation in Europe??