Here is a compilation of tips, stories and insights about my own TAPIF experience. Enjoy!
Check out my TAPIF Timeline for a complete overview of when I submitted what and to whom!
- So you think you can TAPIF? – Tips for your TAPIF application
- The summer before TAPIF – ideas for making the long summer wait fly by!
- Visa Application
- My suitcase can only weigh how many pounds?! – Packing Tips
- To TAPIF or not to TAPIF – on renewing my contract
- An Announcement – on why I ultimately declined my renewal
- The vicious TAPIF cycle – my second year of assistant-ing
- Every. Vote. Matters. – Voting from abroad
- Overview of the Académie d’Aix-Marseille (compared to Grenoble)
- Life in Limbo – navigating the housing search
- The Great Apartment Hunt – more tips for finding an apartment
- Started at the bottom, now we’re here – climbing my first mountain (kinda)
- The Chicken
- Celebrating Thanksgiving abroad
- Five things to do without travelling
- Is France the most Romantic Country in the World?
- Snowy romps through town
- I ❤ Chambéry
- Riding the bus in Chambéry
- The time I helped my friend get engaged on top of a mountain
- Même pas peur – after the Charlie Hebdo attacks
- J’écoute: songs for remembering
- Thanks/No Thanks – arriving and getting installed in a new country
- Questions for France
- 20 steps to perfect crêpes
- Things I do in France that I don’t do at home
- So, do you like living here? – Finding my niche in France
- What to Expect as a Primary English Assistant – an updated introduction of my earlier FAQ post encompassing tips and resources from my second year.
- Primary Assistant FAQ – an introduction to teaching English in the premier degré, featuring my favorite tips and resources for lesson planning
- Is TAPIF a real job?
- Le Stage – Orientation
- Je vous présente – an introduction to my school, duties, and teaching schedule
- Comparative observations on the French school system
- The conundrum of French Laïcité
- Today I Was 9 Minutes Late to Class: on feeling like you’re actually making an impact
- 100th day of school
- Two very different lessons
- English is Hard!
- Lessons: Flashcard Games to use in the classroom
- Lessons: Art Projects for Primary Students
- Lessons: Clue board game I created for my students!
- Lessons: Starting a Pen Pal Exchange
Because when else in your life will you have 8 weeks of paid vacation in Europe??
- October Vacation: Annecy & Lyon
- Weekend in Turin, Italy
- Weekend in Lyon again for the Fête des Lumières
- December Vacation: Venice, Italy
- February Vacation: Marseille
- April Vacation: Porto, Lisbon, and Madrid
- Post TAPIF trip to London
- October 2016: spontaneous trip to Genova and Cinque Terre
- Hiking aux Goudes de Marseille
- Top Ten Cities in France, so far